our mission | leadership | NHSF board of directors | it's our time campaign cabinet
$25 million dollars will support medical equipment purchases for the new NHS healthcare complex. .
$15 million dollars is being raised for:
- improvements at other Niagara Health System hospital sites, including:
- $1.25 million each for Douglas Memorial Hospital and Port Colborne General sites,
- $2.9 million for Welland Hospital site,
- $4.4 million for Greater Niagara General site
- $5.2 million (MRI and replacement equipment) at the St. Catharines General site; equipment will be relocated to the new hospital once completed.
- Medical equipment to support new regional programs for the treatment of cancer, heart and mental health diseases and,
- to expand the treatment for chronic kidney disease by creating the Welland Hospital Auxiliary Dialysis Centre, which opened in June 2008 and a new 21-station dialysis centre in Niagara Falls scheduled to open Fall 2012
Our Partner Foundations:
The Niagara Health System Foundation staff collaborates on Campaign fundraising with staff at each of the NHS local site foundations, who also continue to fundraise in their communities for their respective hospital's annual equipment needs.
Making an investment in our region's healthcare, means making an investment in our community, and it is essential to continue to build and strengthen our region. We hope that this is one of the legacies of the It's Our Time Campaign...the spirit of people coming together to make something important happen in a community - a legacy that will be carried forward to future generations of Niagarans.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and the dedication of our volunteers, we are confident that we will reach our Campaign goal by the opening of the new NHS Healthcare Complex in the spring of 2013!