our mission | leadership | NHSF board of directors | it's our time campaign cabinet
$25 million dollars to support medical equipment purchases for the new NHS healthcare complex.
$15 million dollars to support:
- Improvements at other Niagara Health System hospital sites, including:
- $1.25 million each for Douglas Memorial Hospital and Port Colborne General sites,
- $2.9 million for Welland Hospital site,
- $4.4 million for Greater Niagara General site
- $5.2 million (MRI and replacement equipment) at the St. Catharines General site; equipment relocated to the new St. Catharines hospital.
- Medical equipment to support new regional programs for the treatment of cancer, heart and mental health diseases.
- The expansion of the NHS Kidney Care Program by creating the Welland Hospital Auxiliary Dialysis Centre, which opened in June 2008, and the new 21-station dialysis centre in Niagara Falls that opened in 2013.
Our Partner Foundations:
The Niagara Health System Foundation staff collaborates on Campaign fundraising with staff at each of the NHS local site foundations, who also continue to fundraise in their communities for their respective hospital's annual equipment needs.
Making an investment in our region's healthcare, means making an investment in our community, and it is essential to continue to build and strengthen our region. We hope that this is one of the legacies of the It's Our Time Campaign...the spirit of people coming together to make something important happen in a community - a legacy that will be carried forward to future generations of Niagarans.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and the dedication of our volunteers, we exceeded our $40-Million goal by $1.4-Million raising an incredible $41.4-Million!
THANK YOU Niagara!